What is Ostarine MK-2866?
Ostarine MK-2866 is a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) and one of the most popular SARMs on the market. It was initially developed as a method to heal muscle wasting diseases and is now used by bodybuilders, fitness enthusiasts, and people who want to benefit from its positive health impacts.
MK-2866 works by connecting with selective androgen receptors in bones and muscles and producing anabolic impacts on them. Research on humans has found this SARM to be highly effective in increasing physical performance [1, 2], retaining existing muscles , increasing lean muscle mass [1, 2], and increasing the quality of life of users .
As MK-2866 is not a steroid, you do not have to worry about any unwanted side effects to your hair, skin, or prostate  when using this product. You can use Ostarine to maintain your muscles, develop a leaner body mass, and amp up your athletic performance.
Ostarine Cycle Length
In general, Ostarine can be used in cycles of 4-8 weeks. Starting with a 4 week cycle is recommended if you are a new user.
Known Ostarine Dosage
In general, 20-30mg per day is the recommended dosage . Although this SARM is relatively mild, it is best to start with a lower dosage if you are new to it. Weight can impact optimal dosage, so it is best to check with your doctor before deciding on a dosage.
Men: 20-30mg of Ostarine can be taken before workouts for 8 week cycles .
Women: 20-30mg of this SARM can be taken before workouts for 8 week cycles .
Ostarine has a half-life of 24 hours, so a single dosage can be taken per day.
What Can Ostarine Be Stacked With?
MK-2866 can be stacked with GW-501516 to boost fat removal. To improve endurance and performance, you can stack it with RAD-140.
Typical Ostarine Results
Typically, using this SARM results in the maintenance and increase of skeletal muscle mass due to its impact on the androgen receptors in your body. Improvements in the recovery process after injuries can also be expected. Better performance with a lack of major side effects is a key result.
- Dalton, J., et al., The selective androgen receptor modulator GTx-024 (enobosarm) improves lean body mass and physical function in healthy elderly men and postmenopausal women: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled phase II trial. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle, 2011. 2(3): p. 153-161.
- Christian, G., et al., Therapies for musculoskeletal disease: Can we treat two birds with one stone? Curr Osteoporos Rep., 2014. 12(2): p. 142-153.
- Crawford, J., et al., Study design and rationale for the phase 3 clinical development program of Enobosarm, a selective androgen receptor modulator, for the prevention and treatment of muscle wasting in cancer patients (POWER Trials). Curr Oncol Rep., 2016. 18(37), doi: 10.1007/s11912-016-0522-0.
- Dobs, A., et al., Effects of enobosarm on muscle wasting and physical function in patients with cancer: a double-blind, randomised controlled phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol., 2013.14(4): p. 335-345.
- SARMs World, MK-2866 (Ostarine): Without Question The World’s Most Popular SARM, sarmsworld.com/mk-2866-ostarine/